Tamiya has released Ford F350 High-Lift With Pick-Up Truck MFC-02 Multi-Function Control Unit in 1/10 R/C Models AWD drivetrain assembly kit under Off-Road Trucks category
Description of Tamiya 58372
Electric R/C assembly kit of one of the most representative American pick-up trucks, the Ford
F-350. The model features realistic ladder frame, 3-speed transmission and shaft drive 4WD
system. Highly detailed injection molded body and large diameter wheels enhance the stylish
high-ground-clearance look. Original marking stickers add to the truck&39;s overall realism.
METAL & METAL PLATED PARTS
- An abundance of metal parts such as ladder frame, under guard, front guard, leaf springs
and aluminum friction dampers are included.
- Roll bar, road light, front grille, front/rear bumper, side-step, diff guard, wheels and muffler
feature metal-plated finish.
ADD LED LIGHTS (SOLD SEPERATELY)
Use Multi-Function Unit to depict working headlights, tail lights and roll bar lights for even more incredible realism.
MULTI FUNCTION UNIT
This Multi Function Unit will bring
even more enjoyment to the operation of the R/C Ford F350. Featuring realistic sound effects
recorded from actual vehicles, controllable LED lights and other movement effects, this unit will
greatly expand the potential of your Ford F350.
Durable and realistic ladder frame consists of steel channel and resin cross member.
F/R propeller shafts feature universal joint to efficiently transmit power even if suspension is
moving up and down.
QUICK BATTERY HOLDER
- Battery held in low position for excellent weight balance and stability.
- Easy access holder allows running battery to be exchanged without removing body.
4WS STEERING ROD
- 4 wheel steering can be enabled by adding kit supplied rear axle tension rod.
- 4-wheel steering enables even tighter turning radius, perfect when using truck indoors or in
WHEELS & TIRES
- Newly designed monster truck tires feature lug pattern suited for driving on rough surfaces.
- Apply cement to wheels and tires when running on rough terrain.
- Worn out wheel hubs can be replaced with Pin type Wheel Adapter.
Low gear > 2nd gear > Top gear
- Newly designed 3-speed transmission provides
smooth low speed running, and allows gear
changing while running.
1:64.39 > 1:35.20 > 1:21.14
- Includes slipper clutch as standard part to protect
gears during tough off-road running.
Durable resin gear case with integrated die-cast differential gear.
- Differential lock, essential for driving on rough roads, may be easily enabled by simply removing
F/R diff case covers and removing screw pins.
- By using differential lock, drive power is transmitted even if wheels on one side are not
LEAF SPRING SUSPENSION
F/R suspension with friction dampers allows tension adjustment by altering number of leaf springs.
- Features red anodized aluminum cylinder. Damping effect can be adjusted by applying separately
available Friction Damper Grease and adding o-rings. Select according to ground conditions
and leaf spring number.
- Standard: normal running
- Soft: low-speed, high grip running
Use 2 leaf springs and adjust tension using damper grease (soft) 53174.
- Hard: stable and high-speed running
Use 5 leaf springs and apply damper grease (medium) 53175 or (hard)
- Kit includes a total of 42pcs of Metal bearings(bushings) (35pcs x 1150, 4pcs x 1260, 2pcs x 850 size metal
and 1pc of 1050 size ball bearings).
- Metal bearings require periodic application of grease to maintain performance. Separately
available ball bearings do not require this treatment, and are highly recommended.
- This kit is designed to be used only with pre-supplied type 540 motor and pinion gear.
REQUIRED ITEMS (NOT INCLUDED)
RADIO CONTROL UNIT
ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER (ESC), STEERING SERVO & SHIFT SERVO
ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER
- Requires 4-channel, 2-servo digital proportional R/C unit with electronic speed controller
with variable forward and reverse function.
- Use of Futaba Attack 4WD (4ch) or stick type transmitter with slide trim is recommended to
perform gear change while running. The Airtronics VG400/600 model radios are also capable as they feature slide trim and self neutral control sticks.
- 2ch R/C unit cannot be used as it cannot shift gears.
- PCM type receiver may not be used as it may cause radio interference when using with
separately available Multi Function Unit.
- Use high power type ESC with reverse function (maximum continuous current: forward 120A,
reverse 60A, FET regulation).
- A high-spec ESC is especially recommended when running on rough terrain.
- TEU-302BK Electronic Speed Controller (ITEM 45028) is recommended.
- Not for use with TEU-101BK Electronic Speed Controller.
- While standard type steering servo is sufficient, high torque servo is recommended when
running on rough terrain.
- Use of ITEM 50473 High Torque Servo Saver White or ITEM
51000 High Torque Servo
Saver Black will further improve efficacy.
- Do not use small, large or high-speed servo.
- Tamiya 7.2V running battery
- Eight R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter.
Battery and Radio information
1. Any Tamiya 7.2V battery can be used to power the vehicle. Different milliampere-hour (mAh) values may effect the amount of running time enabled by the battery. For example, 7.2V 1400SP battery should normally enable 10 to 15 minutes of running time. However, please note that actual running time may decrease due to extended full throttle and other high power running.
2. The following 4-channel R/C unit (self-neutral stick type transmitter/receiver) is recommended for optimum operation: FUTABA ATTACK 4WD (T4VWD/FP-R114H) The Airtronics VG400/600 model radios are also capable as they feature slide trim and self neutral control sticks.
Be aware that using an R/C unit without a self-neutral system may increase difficulty of operation. Without self-neutraling channels (spring loaded sticks) the operator is left to center the throttle and steering without the aid of self-centering springs, which makes driving the truck harder than it needs to be.
4-channel wheel-type transmitters can be used with ITEM 58372, but will not be able to be used with kit equipped with Multi-Function Unit (To be released).
PPM receivers are recommended for use with this kit.
PCM receivers are not compatible with kit equipped with Multi-Function Unit.
Other makers&39; radio control units of 4 or more channels can be used, but may not realize the optimum functioning of this kit.
Recommended use of similar R/C unit as used with ITEM 56511 Tractor Truck Multi-Function Control
Description of Tamiya53957
Released in 2006, the 1/10 R/C 4x4 3-Speed High-Lift has been exceptionally
well-received by fans around the world. With the release of this new Multi-Function Unit, Tamiya
kicks up the realism another notch with light, sound, and vibration effects all controllable via a 4-channel transmitter (sold separately) to make all the 3-Speed Highlifts even more impressive!!!
10 types of high-brightness LEDs (including optional LEDs) for a total of up to 33 lights can be controlled to depict various realistic light actions while driving. They can also light up in pre-set patterns during Demo Mode for a brilliant shelf display.
| Headlight 1
|| Headlight 2
|| High Beam
| Fog Lamp 1
|| Fog Lamp 2
|| Fog Lamp 3
| Fog Lamp 4
|| Fog Lamp 5
|| Auxiliary Lights (Front)
| Auxiliary Lights (Rear)
|| Turn Signal (Front Right)
|| Turn Signal (Front Left)
| Turn Signal (Rear Right)
|| Turn Signal (Rear Left)
|| Reverse Lamp
| Brake Lamp
|| Flash Lamp
Onboard speaker unit can emit a total of 24 different sound effects (including optional sounds) that were all digitally recorded from actual vehicles, including the operating sounds for both a big imposing V8 engine and a spunky small-displacement turbo engine.
| Engine Starting 1
|| Idling 1
|| Running 1
| Engine Stop 1
|| Up-shifting 1
|| Down-shifting 1
| Horn 1
|| Engine Starting 2
|| Idling 2
| Running 2
|| Engine Stop 2
|| Up-shifting 2
| Down-shifting 2
|| Horn 2
|| Gear Changing
| Turn Signal
|| Timer 1
|| Timer 2
| Timer 3
Up to 16 different actions can be controlled via a 4-channel
transmitter (sold separately) to give the sense of driving a real pick-up truck.
|High Beam Operation
||Turn Signal Operation
|Hazard Lamp Operation
- Vibration Function Unit recreates rumble movements in conjunction with engine sounds.
- ESC enables realistic low-speed running.
- Speaker Unit not only emits the sound effects mentioned above, it also has an input terminal to
allow connection with outside audio sources such as MP3 and CD players for music playback.
- 3 convenient modes of operation: R/C mode with Multi-Function effects off, R/C mode with
Multi-Function effects on (4 varieties), and Demo Mode for static display with light and sound
effects only (4 varieties).
- Detailed and user-friendly set-up guide and tutorials to assist users with proper operation of all
the MFC-02 features (please see the next page for some preliminary sample diagrams).
SEPARATELY REQUIRED ITEMS
- 4-channel self-neutral stick-type transmitter equipped with slide trim and self-neutral feature for
optimum performance. (Futaba Attack 4WD recommended)
Tamiya recommends the Futaba Attack 4WD (T4VWD/FP-R114H) because it has a self-
neutral feature. Other 4-channel transmitters made by Futaba, JR Propo, and Acoms
can be used with the MFC-02, but operations may not be as smooth as they may lack
the self-neutral feature and connectors may not be compatible. As for transmitters
from other makers, while it may be possible to use them, please note that there may
be instances where they may not be able to operate all of the MFC-02&39;s functions.
- 4-channel receiver.
- 2 servos.
- Do not use together with ITEM 53909 TLU-01 or ITEM 53937 TLU-02.
- MFC-02 is compatible with the Type 540 motor only. Please avoid installing other motors.
- MFC-02 cannot be operated with 2-channel or 3-channel transmitters/receivers.
- MFC-02 is not compatible with PCM type receivers, multi-channel receivers, and older
receivers made by Sanwa (identifiable by their black cases).
- Not Compatible with 2.4ghz systems or others that have digital trim